Saturday, September 13, 2008

Snapshots of My Day

My day started with a distressing report about Ray Boltz. The news was shocking and heart breaking. It is a keen reminder that we do not know a man's heart. I hope that the Lord will bring Mr. Boltz to repentance. We need to lift him up in prayer asking God to do a mighty work in his heart.

My day got better when I took a group of people from the church to a SuperSaturday training (put on by the Kentucky Baptist Convention). From my experience and what I could gather from the conversation on the way home it was a very helpful training for everyone. I want to thank Monticello for paying our way and I also want to thank everyone who went. Let's put those ideas to work.

I have been trying not to spend money, but I picked up a few books: Dr. Albert Mohler's Atheism Remix and He Is Not Silent, Ed Stetzer's and Mike Dodson's Comeback Churches, Thom and Sam Rainer's Essential Churh? audiobook, the 2009 Lifeway doctrine study, Vibrant Church by Rainer and Akin, and also Tom Wright's Hebrews for Everybody. I let you know how they turn out.

Don't forget that tomorrow we launch out on our Jesus-Greatest, Highest series. We will look at Jesus, God's Greatest Revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment