Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Day of Redemption

The term "day of redemption" has been on my mind. I keep thinking of of Christ's glorious appearing and the joy of being united with him. This pondering is not some morbid fascination with death. I really enjoy my life. I am excited about the things I see God doing all around me.

I think that the news that Sophia will be coming home soon has caused me to think about reunions in general. Some day soon I will receive the word that I can fly down and get her. When I get her I will take her to be where I live. I have prepared a place for her. With each of these thoughts the words of Christ have been driven deeper into my mind and heart.

I am beginning to understand that this earthly reunion foreshadows our reunion with Christ. One day the Father will tell the Son to go down and get his bride. He will take us to live with him. He has prepared a place for us. We will be with him forever.

This realization has deepened my joy when I think about being reunited with Sophia Hope. This earthly reunion, with all its attending joys, points to a greater reunion with even greater joys. Don't misunderstand me I really want to be with my daughter. I want to tuck her in at night; pray with her; read Scripture to her; eat meals together; make her laugh; nurse her to health when she gets sick and watch her grow. But more than all of that I want to lead her to follow Jesus. I want her to yearn for that heavenly reunion where she will walk and talk with her Creator and Redeemer.

With my eye to the east (where Jesus will come from) my heart is on the south (where Sophia is). I await my reunion with both of them--knowing full well both will come in God's timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment