Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Heart's Delight

I love the sound of Sophia's laugh. It's infectious. Her smile has the power to change a mood and avert trouble. For the most part, she is very easy going. Some mornings start off lazy, with me and Sophia cuddling in my chair or sitting on the couch. She loves to hug and be hugged. Some days are filled with chases. There is almost always time to read, and usually time to watch some cartoons. She even tries to help me with the chores.

I am learning a lot about myself. I have even found myself resetting some of my priorities. It feels like I am becoming a gentler person. The way she says, "Daddy," makes me feel like a king, and makes me want to be a nobler person. Everyday I scrutinize myself more closely, to make sure, as best I can, that I am living what I teach. I want her to know that the Lord is worthy of all honor, praise, and glory. He is worthy of our all, and I want her to see that in my life. I don't want to do anything that would drive her from the Lord.

Quite simply, I love being a daddy. Sophia is a joy, a true blessing from the Lord, so was Ellie. We hope to blessed with more children in the future. Sure there are sleepless nights. There will be spilled drinks, thrown food, vomit and the like. There will be heartaches and headaches, and moments when we don't see eye to eye. But there will also be celebrations and laughter and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment