Friday, October 16, 2009

A Funny Sophia Story

Here is a funny. Every night before I go to bed, I take off my shirt and lay it on the floor next to the bed. Usually, I get up before Sophia does, and usually, I have my shirt on when she gets up. However, a few mornings she has gotten up before I do. A couple of weeks ago, she came into the room and wanted me to "come on." In other words, it was time for daddy to get out of the bed. When I set up and she noticed I wasn't wearing a shirt, she picked my shirt up off the floor, handed it to me, and said, "Pants on." It was early, I was tired and I didn't think anything about it.

Then recently on Saturday mornings, when I usually get to sleep in, she started coming in to wake me up. She would come in and ask for a kiss. When I open my eyes and give her a kiss she turns and runs over to my shirt drawer, pulls out a shirt, and brings it to me saying, "Pants on." Even now, if she sees me without my shirt, she brings me one and promptly tells me, "Pants on."

We can't quite figure out where she got the idea that my tee shirts are pants. She has never seen me without my pants on, and God willing, she never will. She knows what pants are and she knows what shirts are, but for some reason she keeps calling my tee shirts "pants."

No comments:

Post a Comment