Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me


Today I turn 34.  Yes, I know what you are thinking, I DO look incredibly young.  All kidding aside, I am grateful that God has allowed my to celebrate so many anniversaries of my birth.  This birthday will start off like all the others that I can remember--with a song.  Space Captain Zoom, from the moon, will sing me a special birthday song.  My mom played it for me every year on my birthday (I'm so old it was on a 45; several years ago they found it on a CD), until she handed the responsibilities over to Delia when we got married.  I enjoyed in my pre-teen years, hated as a teenager (though I may have secretly loved it), accepted as a young adult, and now I look forward to hearing it each year.  It is a song that was written to make a four year old feel like the most special person on the planet.  It explains why my birthday topped my childhood list of favorite holidays (followed by Halloween and Christmas. Today my favorite holidays are Easter, Christmas, and my birthday; uh, I mean, my anniversary).  Every time I hear Zoom sing, "Randy, It's your birthday (happy birthday), Singing Randy, It's your birthday (happy birthday), Happy birthday...today!", I am reminded of my parents love for me.  For today, I'm special.  Somebody even wrote a song to prove it.  I have been truly blessed in my life, and I pray that the Lord will bless you all as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment