Thursday, October 16, 2008

Resetting the Internal Clock

This past week I have been on fall break. It reminds of my childhood. I had all these plans to get stuff caught up. No such luck. All I have been able to accomplish is throwing off my internal clock. My days and nights are all mixed up. I go to bed late and get up late. It feels like I have wasted most of my week. The worst part of it all is I'm off my routine.

I was getting up before six every morning and spending time studying, but not this week. I have run to this place and that place with very little to show for it. Habits and routines are funny things. The worse habits are the easiest to learn and the hardest to break. Then when we are trying to learn a new one the least little thing can send us right back to the beginning.

But we cannot give up, we have to keep trying until it becomes second nature. Internal clocks are more easily thrown off than they are reset, but we just have to keep at it. Is there a habit you need to start or restart? Is there a habit that you need to break or rebreak? My prayer is the Lord will enable the change you seek. As you continue to seek him through faithful obedience I hope he rewards you with continuing transformation. I am hoping I get my routine back soon--I miss it. Keep watching for new posts; I hope to post several in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment