Friday, December 26, 2008

Joy Amid Sorrow

The passing of my grandma has been eased by the antics of my precious daughter. I have been asking for a kiss (un veso) all morning, but she kept shaking her head no. I even brushed my teeth thinking it was bad breath, but she still wouldn't give me a kiss. As I was writing about my grandma's passing and crying a little, Sophia blew me a kiss and smiled at me. It is hard to keep crying in the presence of such joy. I thank God that we are here with Sophia; I realize we all needed each other. (Also, we got her some medicine-which she took without a problem, thank you, Lord,--and she is feeling better). May the God of all comfort, comfort you, by his joyous presence. It may be in the smile of a little child, a moment of repentance, the remembrance of a better time, or any number of other things, but if you keep your spiritual eyes open you are sure to see his glorious work.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for all of you and that God will bring you comfort and healing.
    We love and miss you and look forward to your family returning home.

    ReplyDelete