Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Joy of Teaching

I love to teach. I enjoy showing people how things work or work together. I enjoy teaching the Bible or doctrine. I even enjoy teaching writing and reading (and math occasionally). I find myself drawn to it.

It still surprises me, because I never really imaged myself as a teacher. At least, not that I can remember. I certainly never imagined I be a pastor. However, I am grateful to God that he dreamed better dreams for me than I did. If it were not for the Lord, I would have never found joy. Apart from him, there is no joy to be found. I am glad he taught me that.

I see my role, as a pastor, to be a teacher. My hope and prayer is that every sermon and every lesson enables the flock under my care to grow in grace an knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Further, I hope these sermons and lessons are equipping them for works of service to our King. Because, of this I am always seeking to improve, to understand, to know my people, and to accurately open the Scriptures to them. It is a task that brings me great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment