Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Delia!


"Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all" (Prov. 31:29, ESV).

I want to honor Delia today since it is her birthday, but I am finding it difficult to put my feelings into words. The words are there, but they feel too personal, too private.  So I'll share a few of her excellent qualities.

Delia is my best friend, and I love her very much.  I am grateful to God that he brought her into my life. When I see her, it makes me smile deep down inside.  She is truly beautiful, both on the inside and the outside. She makes me want to be a better man.

Although it may sound kind of corny, I'll share a thought that occurred to me while watching Delia blow out the candles on her cake.  I kept thinking, she's the one that blew out the candles, but I'm the one whose wish came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment