Friday, July 23, 2010

Some Thoughts

It amazes me how quickly a day can go.  I spent a lot of time yesterday working on a project related to goal-setting.  Today, I spent a good deal of time studying contemporary world religions.  I am sure that both topics will make for useful material in the days ahead.

I know when I am busy, I am tempted cut back on important things like my time with the Lord (prayer and Bible reading), my time with family, exercise, etc.  The only thing I don't struggle with getting rid of is the distractions in my life like t.v. and the internet.  Apparently, I always have time for distractions.

I working to change that, but as for now I still struggle.  I have found in the past couple of weeks, that I have gotten more out of my quiet time when I do them in the morning.  About a week ago, I was able to get up early a few days for Scripture reading and prayer.  My mind, although not super-alert early in the morning, seemed fresher, and more able to think through the implications of the passages I was reading. 

Usually, I do my reading late a night, just before I go to bed.  However, I find that I often rush through these readings, because I am tired and want to get to bed.  Also, my mind has been engaged in some many activities throughout the course of the day, that I struggle with mental fatigue. 

I am trying to shift my schedule, so that I can spend time with the Lord each morning.  When do you spend time with the Lord?  When do you find it the most beneficial? How to you approach your quiet time?  I would really like to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment