Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yearning for Revival

I seem to be having a difficult time focusing my mind. My thinking process has become like wading through mud. I just keep getting stuck. It seems my heart and mind are moving in opposite directions. I think most people experience times like these. Many of those people allow those moments to pass by without comment. Some struggle to break free from the lethargy and experience new growth and renewed passion. My hope is that I, too, will experience a revived spirit which will help me focus my thoughts and energy. Realizing the need for revival is part of the solution. It creates within us a strong dissatisfaction for the way things are and creates a earnest yearning for renewal. Once we begin to earnestly desire revival, we begin to earnestly seek it. When we earnestly seek the Lord, we find him (actually, we find that he is right there waiting for us to return). I want revival in my life. I want to draw closer to the Lord, I want to move farther from sin, and I want to lead others to Christ. Without God's intervention I won't see any of this happen. Lord, revive us.

1 comment:

  1. Listen to your heart and obey Him.
    Ask and it shall be given....
    Hugs to you all!!!
    Sue @ HHBC in Wauseon...

    ReplyDelete