Friday, July 17, 2009

I'll Be Watching the Serpent

This snake was wrapped around the counter at the gift shop at the Cincinnati Zoo. Delia had placed Sophia in the snakes mouth to take a picture. After I snapped this picture, I began to think about another serpent that would love to sink his fangs into her. I began to think of the many ways that she could be lead astray. I began to have a renewed since of the awesome weight that a parent has resting on them as they approach the task of parenting. If I am not careful to live for the glory of God and by his grace, I might live to see the serpent swallow her whole.

However, I am prayerfully confident that Jesus will prevail. He came into the world to crush the serpent's head, and he accomplished that on the cross. Jesus' victory is sure, and it is complete. My prayers are that Sophia would grow into a godly woman, who knows, loves, and serves the Lord Jesus Christ. And I pray that I never have to see her in the jaws of that ancient serpent, the devil.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment