Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Learning from Sophia

I am amazed at how tough my little girl can be. She had to go the doctor's for a check-up today, but she didn't seemed phased. Even when they drew blood from her, she didn't cry. She only said, "Ow," when they poked her with a needle. She didn't let an early morning, an unfamiliar environment, or a six hour drive dampen her spirit. She just rolled with the events of the day.

I know as a father that one of my role's is instructor. I firmly believe that every father will have to give an account for the things he taught his children. But I am amazed at how much the Lord is teaching me through Sophia. She has an unbridled curiosity that leads her to explore. She is constantly solving problems in an attempt to get what she wants. Unless she is really tired or very hungry, she has a joyous, laughing nature. She just loves to have fun.

I think all of these things are good things, and I hope to nurture them for the glory of the Lord. But I have found myself wanting to nurture them in me, also, for the glory of the Lord. I want the kind of courage that accepts what is and graciously moves forward with life. I hope as I continue to teach Sophia about the Lord that the Lord will teach me, through Sophia, about childlike faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment