Friday, July 31, 2009

A Lesson Learned

I try not to repeat the same mistakes. Unfortunately, I find myself making the same mistakes more times than care to count. However, today I bucked the trend. I went swimming today, but before I got in the water I put on sunscreen. While that may not seem news worthy, I had posted a few weeks back about my sunburn. This morning there was no hesitation on my part. I quickly snatched up the spray can and began coating myself with sunblock.

As I sit here tonight typing the post, I am burn free. There won't be a burn related itch-fest during the next couple of weeks (unless I forget sunscreen the next time I'm outside). I enjoyed my morning, and I have gotten to enjoy my evening. I am only wishing that every lesson was so easily learned and that I was always so eager to make wiser decisions. My last sunburn taught me a lesson, that for now, and hopefully in the future, has made my life even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment