Thursday, May 14, 2009

Learning to Simplify

I am often tempted to make my life more complicated than it has to be. I get "busy" doing things that are not necessarily good or bad in a moral sense, but that lack any real life enriching qualities.
Sometimes, entertainment is pushed to the forefront and important things get pushed back. Deadlines creep closer and I fly into a mad panic. I labor long hours to right the course of things when wisdom would have me to work first and relax after all the work was done.

Simplifying our life is not always a simple process, but it is always rewarding. Simplifying life means getting our priorities in order and not overloading ourselves with work and play. Work is a good thing, and play can be, too. They just have to be kept in proper perspective. Simplicity keeps the main thing, the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment