Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One More Time

At last I have come to the gates of the Celestial City with Christian and Hopeful. The journey always inspires me. So much so that I find myself once again on the plain, outside of the City of Destruction, watching Evangelist point Christian in the right direction for his pilgrimage. Apparently, my heart was not content to be parted so soon from Bunyan's work, and I have began to read it again. This time I am reading L. Edward Hazelbaker's "Complete and Unabridged Edition Translated From the Original Middle English Text." Hazelbaker includes numerous Scripture references and notes at the end of each chapter to aid the reader to better understand this important work. I can't wait to get to the Interpreter's house or to escape Doubting Castle. If you haven't read Bunyan's masterpiece, your missing something special. Set aside some time and join Christian on his pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment