Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Am Beginning to Love Mondays

Mondays are fast becoming my busiest days. They are also becoming one of my most favorite days. I get to spend Mondays with Sophia. The time of father and daughter bonding is punctuated with periods of intense exercise (since Sophia has discovered running), problem solving (what exactly does this "uh, uh" mean), and laughter. Then there is nap time. Which gives Sophia the opportunity to recharge, while daddy tries to get as much done as quickly and quietly as possible. Its amazing how much can be squeezed into two hours. Then the nap ends and all the tidying up that has been done disappears under a shower of toys and laughter. There are diapers to change, boo-boos to kiss, and meals to prepare. There is always something going on. And somewhere in the mix, I couldn't help but realize how truly blessed I am.

I bear the title Papa with chest-pounding pride, but also with humility. I realize that my fatherhood will impact my child's understanding of the Fatherhood of God. If I am too indulgent, then she will assume the God is indulgent. If I am too harsh, she will assume God is harsh. I pray for wisdom often and guidance. I am fully aware that she will see through any attempt to teach a truth not lived. I prayer is that I will faithfully point her to the perfect Father in heaven, in both my actions and in my teaching. The truth that drives me is that He must increase and I must decrease. Lord, help me to be the Father I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment