Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get Out and Vote

I voted today. It is one of the rights granted to me as a citizen of these United States of America. It is a privilege that we should not take lightly. It is an honor that many men and women have sacrificed their lives to preserve.

To vote or not to vote was a tough choice for me this time. I am not the most civic minded person. I don't attend rallies, or put out signs, or wear buttons, or endorse candidates. I do not care for politics. I can't measure the character of the people running for office, except through second hand information, which may or may not be factual.

But I am not worried. I know that if the Lord tarries the decisions made today will pass away in a few years, and new leaders will be appointed when the time comes. I know that I will have to pray for those who take the reigns in the days ahead. More than all of that, I know that God is in control. His Chosen One is enthroned in heaven and no one can move him. His work is complete, his kingdom is coming. And that will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment