Friday, February 8, 2013

St. Louis Partnership


I recently went to St. Louis for a vision trip. The Kentucky Baptist Convention has partnered with local St. Louis Baptist associations to provide assistance with church revitalization and church planting. The plan is to help established churches experience renewal, to help new churches experience encouragement, and to help plant new congregations throughout the St. Louis area.

This project is important to me. I was born in St. Louis and although I have lived in Kentucky for more than 30 years, I still think of St. Louis as where I am from. I have family in the city (and the surrounding area). The 15-county area around the city has about 2.8 million residents. An estimated 2 million of them are spiritually lost.

The Gasper River Association of Baptists, here in Butler County, is considering participating in the Kentucky-St. Louis partnership. I went to investigate on behalf of the association. There is a lot of work that needs to be done. I hope we can be a part of it for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment