Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spirtual Songs: "Homesick" by MercyMe

Grief is a part of reality for all people whether they believe in Jesus or not. All of us have lost someone who was near and dear to us, and most of us still grieve that loss. MercyMe's song, "Homesick," captures both sides of Christian grief. It capture the mourning and the hope that accompanies it.

In Christ, believers have a reason for hope. Death is not the end. For those in Christ, absence from the body means they will be in Christ's presence. The sometimes heartbreaking, gut-wrenching pain we endure in this life serves to remind us that this world isn't our home. No matter how wonderful things are here and now, we have a greater home waiting.

When I listen to this song, I stirs the sadness that rests in my heart. It helps me to touch my own grief, to remember what I have lost. But it doesn't leave me there. Even as it touches my grief, it lifts my soul upward. It drives my heart heavenward, and reminds me that Jesus is my hope and my home. It has been a balm to my soul in times of need, I hope it will encourage you as well. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment