Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spiritual Songs: "The Only Thing (That's Beautiful in Me)" by Rush of Fools

I'm prone to pride. I can be brutish and hardheaded. I shudder to think what would happen if my appetites were given free reign. In spite of all I know about myself, I still like to consider myself a "good" guy. I try to put others first, try to keep a reign on my baser instincts, I try to be nice. Yet none of that sounds like the gospel.

The gospel teaches me that I am sinful and in need of a Savior. It warns me that my heart is sick beyond repair and needs to be replaced. The message of Christ reminds me of the fact that God in his grace has pursued me with an everlasting love. He sent his One and Only Son to die in my place, to be buried, and be raised again on the third day. By his grace, I live through faith.

Rush of Fool's "The Only Thing," reminds me that God has brought beauty into and through my life. The good that is manifested in my life is a sign of God's work in me. To paraphrase Paul, I know that nothing good dwells in my flesh (earthly nature). But the Spirit works in us to bring about the beauty of God. I hope you enjoy the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment