Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Belated Anniversary

I recently began planning to write a post celebrating the 1st anniversary of The Burning Word. However, time has a way of slipping up on us, and dates pass us by before we realize it. I discovered a few days ago that I am not nearing my 1st anniversary, I have already passed it. It turns out that I began blogging on August 28, 2008.

When I started blogging I had two main goals. One goal was to grow as a writer by continual practice. The other was to edify, or build up, those who happened upon my blog. My goals haven't changed. I desire to encourage others as I engage with God's Word and with life in my posts. As a child, I hated being a student (although I loved learning new things), but as I mature I realize I must always be a student. I am always learning: as I study, as I teach, as I talk with others, and as I blog. I hope that I am growing, even as I am learning.

Throughout this experience I have been truly blessed. I have had over 3400 visitors over the last thirteen months. I never expected as much. I have posted nearly 400 articles. I don't say these things to brag, but to express my wonder at God's grace. In a lot of ways this blog allows me to live a dream, one I was almost afraid to dream. It is another continual reminder of the Lord's abundant mercy.

Lord willing, I will mark more anniversaries in the years to come. I hope that if I do get to keep writing, that you will keep reading. If you find mind posts helpful, please encourage others to check them out. If a post raises questions or provokes thought, leave a comment. I will give us the opportunity to dialogue. Again, thank you so much for your words of encouragement, for coming to my site, and for reading my articles. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment