Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Miss Church

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Heb. 10:25, NIV).

I am really missing church. We have not found anywhere to attend while we are here. Although we are doing our daily devotions and family time, it still feels like something is missing. For the last thirteen years, church has been a central part of my week. I (usually) go twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays. I (usually) get to spend time with God's people through out the week, but I specifically love coming together with the congregation for the purpose of worshipping our Great Redeemer and studying his Word. The old hymn, Wonderful Words of Life, sums it up well, "Sweetly echo the gospel call, wonderful words of life; offer pardon and peace to all, wonderful words of life; Jesus, only Savior, sanctify forever." Through the wonderful words of life we are set free from sin and bondage, we are ushered into God's presence where we are transformed from wretched sinners into glorious saints, and through that Word we are made aware of our glorious inheritance in Christ Jesus Our Lord. I miss the hymns. I miss the fellowship. I miss preaching. I miss it all. I miss you all. Please, continue to pray for our safe and swift return, and Lord willing, we will be worshipping with you come next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment