Friday, January 2, 2009

A Glimpse of Things to Come

I have begun my Bible reading plan for this year. A few weeks ago, I had my plan worked out, but I can't remember all the details. So yesterday, I had to make a snap decision. This year, I am going to read a chapter of Proverbs, a chapter from the Prophets (starting with Isaiah), and a chapter from the New Testament (starting with Romans) each day. When I finish the prophets, I'll either start reading in Genesis or Psalms, it depends how many days are left in the year. When I finish with the epistles, I read the Gospels and Acts, and then Revelation. After a year of daily readings in Proverbs I am still intreged, so I'll be reading Proverbs daily again. I am hoping after 24 months of walking with the sages, I'll be wiser.

I am still in the planning stage for my pulpit calendar. I know that I will be preaching a sermon series from Hebrews 10:19-13:25 shortly after returning home. I know a series of sermons from Hosea will follow our study of Hebrews, although there may be some sermons from other Scripture in between. I am feeling lead to either teach or preach through Ecclesiasties and possibly Ephesians this year. We will continue our study of a healthy church on Wednesday nights, which will be followed by a study on living the cross centered life. Discipleship training will focus on evangelism during the first part of the year, but I am not sure what will follow (yet).

I have someone in mind for revival this fall. I have already contacted him and he has agreed to come. I hope to have cottage prayer meetings throughout the year to pray for the revival. We also have a few opportunities to minister in our state coming our way. In June, the Southern Baptist Convention will be in Louisville. There will be an opportunity to take evangelism teams (or other types of teams) to Louisville the weekend before the Convention. Also in 2010, the World Equestrian Games will be in Lexington, and the Kentucky Baptist Covention is putting together a plan to share the gospel with those who come to the games.

Although I am not aware of all the opportunities that the Lord will bring our way this year, I am fully confident that he will bring many opportunities our way. I am excited about the challenges, opportunities, and blessings that are coming our way. Lord, may your kingdom come and may we serve you in humble submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment