Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spiritual Songs: "Does Anybody Hear Her" by Casting Crowns

I have written and rewritten this post several times now. I just don't know how to best say what I want to say about this song. I think this song was meant to make us meditate on the nature of our hearts, our tendencies to form cliques, our judgmental attitudes, and the plight of those who don't know Christ. It is meant to rip off the blinders that come from being isolated from the lost.

"Does Anybody Hear Her," calls us to search our own hearts, and ask the question: am I missing something? Are we aware of the lostness that surrounds our churches and communities? Do we look down on those who don't come to church or who don't know how to act once they're there?

Are we mindful of the divine appointments that God has brought into our lives? Or do we miss them because we are too busy or too distracted?

I can't ask you to enjoy this song. It isn't that kind of song. It's the kind of song you listen to, and meditate on. It is the kind of song that pierces to the heart, and calls for action. There is a lost world all around us, some of them are at a crossroads in life. They need direction. They need guidance. They need someone to hear them, and lovingly guide them in the right path. I pray that God will open your eyes and mine to see those running in the wrong direction. Also, I pray he gives us the courage to reach out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment