Saturday, June 4, 2011

Our 12th Anniversary

This is the eve of the anniversary of the day I began a journey. It was a I journey I had long dreamed of, but feared I would never really take. On June 5th, 1999, I married the love of my life. She was my best friend before we got married, and I couldn't imagine loving her more than I did at that moment. I was young and naive. I didn't know the ways in which the human heart could expand,or that love had a way of multiplying.

I remember my wedding day. I had breakfast with my family. We got dressed. I had to wait what felt like an eternity for my bride to be revealed. I remember the way my heart pounded in my chest. I remember how "right" it felt. I remember losing my breath when my stunning bride began marching toward me. I don't remember much of what the preacher said, only that I committed to love Delia with all I am and would be, and that I meant it with every fiber of my being.

Twelve years have unfolded in a matter of moments. I love Delia more today, than I ever could have imagined 12 years ago. I'm grateful to God for granting me this journey, and until he calls one of us home, the journey continues. I love you, Delia.

I decided to show this video in honor of our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment