Thursday, February 17, 2011

How Long, O LORD?

Do you ever struggle? Have you ever looked around, and wondered if you make a difference in the world? Have you ever asked, "Does anything I do matter?" A lot of people yearn for significance. They want to know that their life has meaning and purpose. Sometimes it even feels like God has forgotten us.

Even David felt this way:

"My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?" (Ps. 6:3, NIV).

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?" (Ps. 13:2, NIV).

It is easy to get swept up in the circumstances of life, and to lose sight of God's grace. I have been twice reminded of God's goodness in the last 24 hours. In truth, I am reminded of God's grace continually, but it doesn't always leave me praising God in wide-eyed wonder.

Both blessings I received left me praising God for his goodness. I was reminded once again of God's care. He has not forgotten me, nor has he abandon me. He sees me. He knows me. He loves me.

What will it take for your eyes to be opened to God's great love for you? If you have wrestled with throwing in the towel, I urge you to wait. God is faithful, he will not forget his people. Draw near to him. Call out to him. Remember: he sees you, he knows you, and he loves you. These trues we learn as we study the cross (see Rom. 5:8). Don't stop praying. God is listening, and he won't wait forever to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment