Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Inner Nerd Unleashed

I had a chance to unleash my inner nerd today.  I got to meet Stephen Lawhead tonight at the Barnes and Noble in Brentwood, Tennessee.  He is a fantastic author of historical fiction and fantasy, and he just released a new book.  The book, The Skin Map, is first in series called Bright Empires.

I had an enjoyable time listening to the reading, and getting to meet him.  He was a very gracious host, and spent time talking to each person in line.  I went just to get an autograph, so it was pretty exciting to actually talk to him, as well.

I have been a fan of his work since I read Taliesin in '96 or '97.  It was the first in a series of books about King Arthur.  At the time, I believe it was the longest book I had ever read.  I remember staying up all night to finish it.  It was so good I spent the next several days reading Merlin and Arthur.  Since then, I have read several of his books, and I really have enjoyed them all.  When ever I get the chance to read fiction, Stephen Lawhead's work is at the top of my list.  If you like historical fiction, fantasy, or science fiction, Stephen Lawhead has something that will enjoy. 


Thank you, Mr. Lawhead for taking the time to greet your fans and to share part of yourself with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment