Friday, June 11, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Tonight is the close of our Vacation Bible School (VBS) at Monticello.  After the kids all go home, a swarm of dedicated volunteers will get everything back in place for Sunday's worship.  After a long week of singing, playing, and learning, it's all over. 

A lot of work goes into making VBS successful.  As a pastor, I am blessed to have willing volunteers who are dedicated workers.  They love the Lord and they love children, so doesn't surprise me that they work so hard.  I am truly grateful for all they do.

This year I'm not going to be at commencement. I'll be heading to Warrensburg, Missouri to help to build a church. I am excited to be going, but I'm also sad that I'm missing our VBS commencement.

I'm grateful for a wonderful VBS. I'm looking forward to a productive week. I'll be glad to get back home. I'll post when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment