Friday, March 12, 2010

Down and Out in Provo

I was up late working on a couple of projects last night, so I was really looking forward to sleeping in this morning.  Delia had planned on taking Sophia to Cradle School today, so I was good to go.  I laid there alone in bed this morning enjoying the space and the quiet.  All of the sudden, Sophia burst into the room and shouted, "Mommy hurt!" 

I jumped out of bed, careful not to knock Sophia over, and began slowly moving through the house.  In case you weren't aware of it, I should let you know that Delia can be a prankster.  As I'm drifting through the house following Sophia, I keep waiting for the punchline.  I passed through the living room, and into the the kitchen and Delia is nowhere to be found.  I looked in the laundry room, then peered into Sophia's room, but no trace of Delia.  Just as I was about to holler, "Where are you?", I heard Delia laugh and say, "What did you tell your daddy?" I was beginning to suspect that I had been the object of a very elaborate con by my not so innocent little girl.  I go over to the bathroom door where Sophia was standing (with a really big smile on her face), and from where Delia's voice was coming, and when I looked inside I found Delia on the floor.  Her back had went out as she was helping Sophia go potty.

After several attempts, we were able to get her up off the floor and eventually to the chiropractor.  Apparently, she had a muscle spasm, and its going to take a couple of days before she's back to being comfortable on her feet. Delia never stops amazing me.  Although she was in pain this morning, she never lost her sense of humor.  She has been up doing stuff, in spite of her discomfort.  She refuses to quit.  I am blessed to have her love and companionship in my life.  Please pray that the Lord with ease her discomfort, and bring healing to her lower back.  We have a two-and-a-half year old who doesn't understand why Mommy can't get up and dance or play hide and seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment