Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers' Day, Delia! 2012

I said all this before, but I'm going to say it again.

I am truly blessed in many ways. I'm married to a wonderful woman who is my best friend. She is also the mother of my children.

During Ellie's brief life, Delia demonstrated a tender, resilient heart. Even in grief, she was a constant source of joy and comfort. I found myself leaning on her for strength and comfort.

Watching her now with Sophia is a delight. The way they laugh and carry on is a wonderful thing to witness. Both Mommy and her daughter love to laugh. Their laughter is a delightful sound that lifts the spirits.

I am thrilled that I get to go through the adventure of parenthood with her because I couldn't imagine parenting with anyone else. Her example makes me strive to be a better father. I'm grateful to God for her influence, both in my life and in the lives of our children. Delia, I love you and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day every year.

This was originally posted on Mothers' Day 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment