Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spiritual Songs: "Family Man" by Andrew Peterson

We all get thousands of opportunities to reexamine our lives from time to time. We just have to seize the moments as they come. Each headline that seizes our hearts, stirs our anger, offends our sensibilities, or otherwise moves us beyond a mere mild fascination or morbid curiosity is an opportunities to search our souls. We have to examine our priorities, question our motives, and attempt to weigh both sides.


If we take the chance given to us, we can search our hearts, and when necessary make course corrections. In light of a couple of stories I heard today, I just want to reaffirm my commitment to my family. How do we honor the lives of children who have been abused? First, we become better parents. Then, we fight to make the world a better place. The gospel is the only weapon we have, but it is a mighty weapon. Live it.  Share it.

This song captures my feeling about my family. I have always wanted a wife and lots of kids. Sometimes, I forget that. God forgive me. I hope you enjoy this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment