Monday, December 3, 2012

Listen to Your Elders

I like to listen to older people talk. It can be rather interesting. They have so many life experiences to share.

I remember overhearing two 90+ year old gentlemen telling each other about the first time they saw a car and a plane. I was twelve at the time, and their conversation blew my mind. I couldn't imagine a time without planes or cars.

By listening to my elders, I have learned at how easy my life has been. I know several men and women who worked throughout their childhood. And I don't mean chores.

It makes me grateful for the life I have. How different would I be if I had to work in the field as a child? What would this would look like without cars?

I encourage you to find some folks who are older than you, and get to know them. They can help you see the world in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment