Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Burning Word's 4th Anniversary

This blog started with a simple confession: I have always wanted to be a writer. I began the blog after reading the advice of a published author who suggested that individuals who wish to write need to write daily. The idea of blog seemed like a win-win situation. I could have an outlet for my ideas, and mature as a writer at the same time. It's been harder than I thought it would be.

Writing can be an extremely personal discipline, unless you are writing weather forecasts or recipes. However, when you're writing about your personal experiences or opinions you open yourself up to criticism. Sometimes, the greater fear is that one will display his heart for the world to see, but go unnoticed.

It's hard to believe that four years have passed since I made that confession. The passion to write is still alive and well. My biggest problem is failure to plan. I working on correcting that problem. I am grateful for your patience and your visits. I will work to reward your diligence in the coming year. All I ask is that you pray for me. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment