Saturday, June 23, 2012

On Where I've Been and Where I'm Headed

If a blogger blogs in the blogosphere, but no one follows the link did he actually make a sound? I have spent a great deal of time contemplating this blog. To borrow from young Hamlet, "To be or not to be." That was the question. Beyond answering that question, I also wanted to know what I be if I decided to be.

I started this blog for several reasons. I wanted to develop as a writer. I wanted to talk about things that I lacked time to address in the pulpit. I wanted a place to share my heart. My trouble began, not with writer's block-which is a kind of mental constipation, but with a lack of clear purpose. Without a clear focus, there are too many ideas to write about. A well defined purpose acts as a filter to eliminate some ideas.

I have spent the last several months searching for my focus. It feels at times like I have been wondering around aimlessly in the fog. But the fog is starting to clear. I haven't completed the puzzle of purpose for my life yet, but God has been filling in more of the pieces.

So I apologize for the weeks of silence, interspersed with random fluff. In the weeks ahead, my goal is to transition into a new phase in this blog's existence. It will be part sermon, part devotion, part conversation, yet all discipleship.

1 comment:

  1. My goal as a blog reader would be more of a reader less than a browser. Sorry I look occasionally and never really comment mainly because I am lazy. I will try to be more of an active participant when you get back to it. -Brian

    ReplyDelete